2017-18 Treasurer- Simar Gulatiemail@example.com
MEMBERSHIP and INSURANCE:
- Membership dues are $4.35 per capita (person) due November 1*
- Liability Insurance has been changed to $221.00 per unit (school) due November 1
- Council Assessment remains at $25.00 per unit due November 1
- District Assessment remains at $10.00 per unit due November 1
- Workmen’s Compensation insurance form. Due November 1. Please make sure you write NO ONE PAID across the middle and sign and date it.
* It is HIGHLY recommended that you send in membership dues weekly or bi-weekly for September and October and definitely send in whatever you receive by the end of the month. This makes it much easier for you to see that the money you have taken in for membership has been sent on to Council so you can balance your membership numbers with your income in a simple manner.
TAXES (fiscal year July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017):
Federal Taxes (2017):
- Due November 15th but DO NOT wait that long. Paying a tax accountant is a legitimate use of PTA funds; make sure it is in your budget. The tax accountant’s most useful information will come from your Annual Report. Remember that membership dues you forward to Council, District, and State are NOT part of the Gross Receipts and should have a separate line item in your budget.
- Form 990: Gross (not net) Receipts $200,000+
- Form 990-EZ: Gross Receipts $50,000 – $199,999.99
- Form 990-N (postcard): Gross Receipts under $50,000 NOTE: It is strongly recommended to not pay a tax accountant to submit a 990-N because it is very simple and takes about a minute.
State Taxes (2016):
- Due November 15th also.
- Form 199: Gross Receipts $25,000+
- Form 199-N: Gross Receipts under $25,000