- Membership dues are $5.10 per person, due no later than November 1st, 2022. ONLY include dues not paid online in TOTEM!
- It is HIGHLY recommended that you send in your manual (non-TOTEM) membership dues weekly or bi-weekly starting in September and definitely send in whatever you receive by the end of the month. This makes it much easier for you to see that the money you have taken in for membership has been sent on to Council so you can balance your membership numbers with your income in a simple manner.
- Liability Insurance is $272.00 per unit (school) due no later than December 20, 2022. AIM insurance will invoice your unit directly. Do not remit to your Council.
- Council Assessment remains at $25.00 per unit due November 1st, 2020
- District Assessment remains at $10.00 per unit due November 1st, 2020
- Workers Compensation Annual Payroll Report will be sent to the AIM portal starting December 15, 2022. It will be considered late after January 31, 2023. Please make sure you write NO ONE PAID across the middle, and sign and date it.
- If you hired employees, mail the Report and the payment to be received in Texas by January 31, 2023.
- If insurance is not paid by March 2023, your PTA will be withdrawn for non-payment. We don’t wish to see any of that!
- Always consult your insurance policy before planning an event. Check the Green-Yellow-Red pages to see which activities your insurance covers.
- Contact AIM if your vendors need a certificate of insurance and they will provide you with one.
- Make sure all your vendors have their own insurance!
AIM is available 24/7. You may download the AIM insurance guide here:
Highly recommended: Use a waiver form for your events. You can find one here.
TAXES (fiscal year July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022):
Link to Tax Forms and Resources
Federal Taxes (2023):
- Due November 15th but DO NOT wait that long. Paying a tax accountant is a legitimate use of PTA funds; make sure it is in your budget. The tax accountant’s most useful information will come from your Annual Report. Remember that membership dues you forward to Council, District, and State are NOT part of the Gross Receipts and should have a separate line item in your budget.
- Form 990: Gross (not net) Receipts $200,000+
- Form 990-EZ: Gross Receipts $50,000 – $199,999.99
- Form 990-N (postcard): Gross Receipts under $50,000 NOTE: It is strongly recommended to not pay a tax accountant to submit a 990-N because it is very simple and takes about a minute.
State Taxes (2023):
- Due November 15th also.
- Form 199: Gross Receipts $25,000+
- Form 199-N: Gross Receipts under $25,000