Please read the important
Financial Update about Taxes and Insurance.
The new 2019-2020 Unit Remittance Form will be available soon. Please be patient.
MEMBERSHIP and INSURANCE:
- Membership dues are $5.10 per person, due no later than November 1st, 2018. ONLY include dues not paid online by TOTEM!
- Liability Insurance has been changed to $232.00 per unit (school) due November 1st, 2018
- Council Assessment remains at $25.00 per unit due November 1st, 2018
- District Assessment remains at $10.00 per unit due November 1st, 2018
- Workers Compensation Insurance Form due November 1st, 2018. Please make sure you write NO ONE PAID across the middle, and sign and date it. If you hired employees, mail form and payment by Jan 5th, 2019.
TAXES (fiscal year July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018):
Link to Tax Forms and Resources
Federal Taxes (2018):
- Due November 15th but DO NOT wait that long. Paying a tax accountant is a legitimate use of PTA funds; make sure it is in your budget. The tax accountant’s most useful information will come from your Annual Report. Remember that membership dues you forward to Council, District, and State are NOT part of the Gross Receipts and should have a separate line item in your budget.
- Form 990: Gross (not net) Receipts $200,000+
- Form 990-EZ: Gross Receipts $50,000 – $199,999.99
- Form 990-N (postcard): Gross Receipts under $50,000 NOTE: It is strongly recommended to not pay a tax accountant to submit a 990-N because it is very simple and takes about a minute.
State Taxes (2018):
- Due November 15th also.
- Form 199: Gross Receipts $25,000+
- Form 199-N: Gross Receipts under $25,000