Dear SB South County PTA Units:
As the incoming president of the Santa Barbara Area Council PTA for 2016-2017, I express my appreciation to you for being dedicated, interested, and willing to serve the students and faculty at your school. By you working with PTA, we, together, can insure great progress for our children. The PTA has as its priority the role of serving as advocates for all children. With your cooperation, our mission can be accomplished.
The Santa Barbara Area Council PTA supports each of our 26 PTA units within the Santa Barbara School District. Council Board Members will serve as mentors to local units and will provide assistance with the development of your PTA. Feel free to contact us regarding any question of assistance you need. Council association meetings are held every other month beginning September (please see our calendar for time and location). We encourage you to attend these meetings. As we continue to move forward together this year, I anticipate positive achievements.
We would like to thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a wonderful school year and we look forward to seeing you at our first meeting in September.
Santa Barbara Area Council PTA President
Note: Our Council represents and supports 26 schools in four school districts: Goleta Union, Hope, Montecito, and Santa Barbara Unified. For information about the districts, check the Santa Barbara County Education Office. This Council is part of the15th District PTA (Santa Barbara County), the California State PTA, and the National PTA.
Below are some of the many ways the Santa Barbara Council can support your unit:
- Council Board meetings: PTA unit presidents are welcome to attend board meetings. Dates and locations TBA. If you would like to attend, please let us know.
- Council Association meetings take place the second week of September, January, March, and May and are open to all PTA presidents, their executive boards, principals, and interested PTA members. Click on the Calendar tab for dates, times and locations.
- Leadership Training: We offer annual Unit board officers’ training in the fall in Santa Barbara as well as half day leadership training put on by the 15th District in the Santa Ynez Valley. We can also come to your school if needed.
- PTA Reflections Program: Provides an opportunity for children to demonstrate their visual art, photography, literature, dance choreography, music composition and film/video production talents! See the Reflections page for more information.
- Honorary Service Award Recognition: The SB Council holds a special dinner reception in late May to recognize the hard work and dedication of our schools’ and community’s honored volunteers. Check out the Honorary Service Awards tab.
- E-mail list: Newsletters and reminders for meetings, events, deadlines and legislative information from the CA State PTA are sent to Unit presidents and board members periodically throughout the year.
- Council Facebook Page: Please “Like” our Facebook page! We are at www.santabarbarapta. This is your forum to share your PTA’s events, ask questions, get quick updates, and network!
- This Website: Calendar of events, deadlines and forms. contact info of Council Officers, information about Council programs and committees, and legislative information. Check here often!
We look forward to working with you! Please feel free to contact us at any time. We as Council officers are here to support you just as the 15th District board supports all of us.